What is done is done, right? Well, not always. Fortunately, while some actions have irreversible consequences, deleting your photos on iPhone or iPad doesn’t have to be one of them. If you are fast enough, recovering accidentally or accidentally deleted photos is very easy, provided you know where to look.
If you’ve previously found yourself in the unenviable position of reviewing your photos and desperate to find out whether or not you’ve thrown important photos overboard, this tutorial could be a valuable lesson for you!
For the uninitiated, deleting photos from your iPhone is not much different from deleting files on your Mac. Essentially, both platforms provide a temporary repository for deleted material. The main difference is that on Mac we call it the Trash folder, while on iOS it is in the form of a smart album hidden in photos. The album is called Recently Deleted and it is the best option to get back deleted photos. Below, we will teach you how to recover deleted photos from your iPhone or iPad and all the other details you need to know about the process.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone
1) Open Photos from the home screen.
2) Go to the Albums tab in the lower right corner of the menu.
3) Next, you’ll want to scroll to the bottom of the first album icon grid to find the square trash can icon, which should be just above your own My Album tab. Touch ‘ Recently deleted ‘.
4) You have now entered the rabbit hole. Deleted photos are stored in this smart album for a permanent grace period of 30 days after deletion. Sort the deleted photos in descending order, starting with the most recent and ending with the ones that are almost out of time on the device.
5) Once you find the photos that you accidentally deleted, there are two ways to proceed with the recovery:
- Tap on a single photo followed by Recover in the lower right corner
- Or, if you want to recover multiple photos, tap Select (upper right corner) first, check all of the photos, and then look for Recover in the lower right corner again.
6) Confirm the end time by selecting Select Photo / Select Restore Items in Red Letters when prompted.
Congratulations, you managed to take your snaps! Now they will reappear and snap back where they belonged in time.
Of course, this type of photo recovery only takes place if the items you were looking for were deleted less than a month ago. So keep an eye on them. This is also your folder, by the way, if you really want to get rid of unwanted storage grabbers from your device. In other words, when you delete, always remember that your photos and videos will not be completely deleted from the device before the 30 day grace period has expired. If you don’t want to wait that long and want to take matters into your own hands, just manually delete the contents of the smart album.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone and iPad
4.9 (97.14%) 7 votes
Was this helpful?
0 / 0